1. An accountant certified by the state.
4. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
8. An audiotape recording of sound.
11. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
12. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
13. An associate degree in applied science.
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
16. 16 ounces.
18. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
19. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
21. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
24. A light touch or stroke.
26. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
28. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
29. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
32. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
35. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. A small cake leavened with yeast.
44. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
45. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
47. A genus of Mustelidae.
48. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
50. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
51. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
52. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
53. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
54. On or toward the lee.
1. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
4. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
5. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
6. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
7. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
8. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
9. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
10. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
15. The cry made by sheep.
17. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
20. God of wealth and love.
22. (informal) Roused to anger.
23. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
25. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
27. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
30. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
31. A public promotion of some product or service.
33. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
36. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
38. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
39. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
40. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
41. The basic unit of money in Iran.
42. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
43. The general activity of selling.
46. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
47. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
49. A Mid-Atlantic state.