1. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
5. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
7. Highly excited.
11. Sustentacular tissue that surrounds and supports neurons in the central nervous system.
12. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
13. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
14. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
15. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
16. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
17. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
20. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
21. The cry made by sheep.
23. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
25. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
28. Any high mountain.
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
33. An associate degree in applied science.
34. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
37. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
39. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
40. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
43. The 10th letter of the Greek alphabet.
47. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
50. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
51. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
52. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
53. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
54. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
55. How long something has existed.
56. A master's degree in fine arts.
1. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
2. Loose or flaccid body fat.
3. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
4. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
5. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
6. A light touch or stroke.
7. Jordan's port.
8. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
9. Rounded like an egg.
10. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
18. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
19. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
22. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
24. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
26. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
27. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
29. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
31. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
36. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
38. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
41. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
42. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
44. The inner surface of the hand from the wrist to the base of the fingers.
45. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
46. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
48. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
49. An ugly evil-looking old woman.