1. A fraudulent business scheme.
5. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
8. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
11. Free from risk or danger.
12. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
13. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
14. Rice cooked in well-seasoned broth with onions or celery and usually poultry or game or shellfish and sometimes tomatoes.
15. God of wealth and love.
17. Half the width of an em.
19. Affected with or marked by frenzy or mania uncontrolled by reason.
22. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
23. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
26. Jordan's port.
28. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
29. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.
30. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
32. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
38. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
41. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
42. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
43. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
44. A small cake leavened with yeast.
47. An informal term for a father.
48. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
49. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
1. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
2. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
3. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
4. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
5. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
6. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
7. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
8. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
9. Possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers.
10. A point located with respect to surface features of some region.
16. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
18. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
20. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
21. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
24. A radioactive transuranic element.
27. South African term for `boss'.
31. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
33. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
34. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
35. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
36. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
37. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
39. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
40. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
45. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
46. A public promotion of some product or service.
47. Being nine more than ninety.