1. Misery resulting from affliction.
4. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. Inquire about.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. The sixth month of the civil year.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. A Mid-Atlantic state.
15. Move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment.
16. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
17. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
20. Jordan's port.
22. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
24. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
25. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
32. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
33. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
35. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
36. A member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times.
40. Little known Kamarupan languages.
42. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
45. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
46. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
47. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
48. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. A large number or amount.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
4. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
5. A rapid bustling commotion.
6. The cry made by sheep.
7. A large fleet.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
10. God of love and erotic desire.
18. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
19. Relieve from military service.
21. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
23. (informal) Of the highest quality.
26. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
27. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. A bachelor's degree in architecture.
30. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
31. An ancient musical horn made from the horn of a ram.
34. True firs.
35. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
37. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
38. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
39. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
41. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
43. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
44. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.