1. Any of various units of capacity.
4. A golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer.
8. The federal department responsible for safeguarding national security.
11. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
12. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
13. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
14. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
15. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
16. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
17. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
20. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
24. A feudal lord or baron in Scotland.
26. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
28. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
29. One thousand periods per second.
31. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
36. A public promotion of some product or service.
39. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
40. An abnormally large amount of this fetoprotein in the fetus can signal an abnormality of the neural tube (as spina bifida or anencephaly).
44. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
46. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
47. A kind of person.
48. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
49. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
1. Common Indian weaverbird.
2. (informal) Exceptionally good.
3. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
4. The face or front of a building.
5. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
6. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
7. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
8. A licensed medical practitioner.
9. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
10. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
18. Obvious and dull.
19. Hard greenish-brown wood of the lignum vitae tree and other trees of the genus Guaiacum.
21. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
22. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
23. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
25. Noisy talk.
27. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
30. Of or like a cecum.
31. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
32. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
35. Disturb in mind or make uneasy or cause to be worried or alarmed.
37. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
38. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
41. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
42. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
43. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
44. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
45. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).