1. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
4. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
8. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
11. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
12. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
13. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
14. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
15. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
17. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
20. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
21. A carriage consisting of two wheels and calash top.
22. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
23. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
27. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
30. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
31. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
35. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
37. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. 10 grams.
45. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
46. United States architect (born in China in 1917).
47. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
48. On or toward the lee.
49. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
50. A light touch or stroke.
51. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Jordan's port.
2. Vacuum flask that holds liquid air or helium for scientific experiments.
3. An overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety.
4. An associate degree in applied science.
5. A large number or amount.
6. A byproduct of inflammation.
7. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
8. One thousandth of a second.
9. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
10. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
16. Common Indian weaverbird.
18. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
19. A small cake leavened with yeast.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
25. Unknown god.
26. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
28. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
32. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
33. Having help.
34. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
36. Advanced in years.
37. Black tropical American cuckoo.
38. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
39. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
40. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
43. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
44. Light informal conversation for social occasions.