1. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
4. Wearing footgear.
8. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
11. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
12. An informal term for a father.
13. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
14. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
15. Unknown god.
16. Tropical African herbs.
17. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
19. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
21. The seventh and last day of the week.
22. The sixth month of the civil year.
25. Be obedient to.
28. Small evergreen shrub of Pacific coast of North America having edible dark purple grape-size berries.
30. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
32. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
33. Before noon.
34. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
36. A radioactive transuranic element.
41. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
44. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
46. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
47. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
48. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
49. The cry made by sheep.
50. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
52. The sign language used in the United States.
1. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
2. A small cake leavened with yeast.
3. The square of a body of any size of type.
4. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
5. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
6. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
7. The occurrence of a change for the worse.
8. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
9. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
10. (of meat) Cooked by dry heat in an oven.
18. A member of the Siouan people living in the Yazoo river valley in Mississippi.
20. (informal) Exceptionally good.
23. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
24. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
26. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
27. Not only so, but.
29. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
31. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
35. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
37. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
38. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
39. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
40. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
42. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
43. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
45. A light touch or stroke.
46. A periodic paperback publication.