1. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
4. In bed.
8. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
11. Worthless or oversimplified ideas.
12. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
16. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
18. Informal terms for a mother.
19. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
21. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
22. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
24. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
26. The cry made by sheep.
28. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
32. South African term for `boss'.
35. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
36. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
38. A public promotion of some product or service.
39. Jordan's port.
45. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
47. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
50. An accountant certified by the state.
51. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
52. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
53. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
54. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
55. Lacking in liveliness or charm or surprise.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. A quantity of no importance.
3. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
4. An associate degree in nursing.
5. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
6. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
7. A light touch or stroke.
8. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
9. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
17. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
20. A small cake leavened with yeast.
23. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
25. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
27. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
29. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
30. A Russian river.
31. A state in southeastern United States.
33. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
34. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
37. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
40. The 11th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. Anything that serves as an enticement.
43. Common Indian weaverbird.
44. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
46. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
48. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
49. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
50. Informal terms for a mother.