1. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
5. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
8. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
11. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
12. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
13. Automatic data processing by electronic means without the use of tabulating cards or punched tapes.
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. How long something has existed.
16. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
17. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
18. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
20. Fallow deer.
22. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
25. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
28. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
31. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
33. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
35. A public promotion of some product or service.
36. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
37. A light touch or stroke.
39. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
41. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
42. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
45. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
47. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
51. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
52. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
53. Very dark black.
54. A member of the Dravidian people living in southeastern India.
55. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
56. Type genus of the Ranidae.
57. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. Lacking funds.
2. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
3. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
4. A small cake leavened with yeast.
5. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
6. Disparaging terms for the common people.
7. (informal) Of the highest quality.
8. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
9. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
10. The capital of Western Samoa.
19. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
21. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
23. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
24. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
26. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
27. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
30. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
32. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
34. An associate degree in applied science.
38. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
43. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
44. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
46. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
47. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
48. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
49. The longest division of geological time.
50. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.