1. Standard time in the 8th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 120th meridian west.
4. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
8. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
11. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
12. The content of cognition.
13. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
14. Preferred above all others and treated with partiality.
15. A deep prolonged sound (as of thunder or large bells).
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
19. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
21. Jewish republic in southwestern Asia at eastern end of Mediterranean.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
25. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
26. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
28. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
31. A public promotion of some product or service.
36. A member of a Muslim Turkic people of western Asia (especially in Kazakstan).
40. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
41. A genus of Indriidae.
44. (Irish) The sea personified.
45. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. A doctor's degree in education.
49. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
50. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
51. A public promotion of some product or service.
1. Pepsi Cola is a trademarked cola.
2. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
3. A member of the Mongolian people of central Asia who invaded Russia in the 13th century.
4. The extreme end of something.
5. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
6. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
7. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
8. (informal) Exceptionally good.
9. Especially one side of a leaf.
10. Indicating the most important performer or role.
18. A flexible container with a single opening.
20. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
22. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
23. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
27. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
29. A source of danger.
30. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
32. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
33. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
34. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
35. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
37. (often followed by `for') Ardently or excessively desirous.
38. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
39. Type genus of the Hylidae.
42. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
43. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
44. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
46. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.