1. A mountain lake (especially one formed by glaciers).
5. Enlarged prostate.
8. An audiotape recording of sound.
11. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
12. The airforce of Great Britain.
13. An associate degree in applied science.
14. British dominion over India (1757-1947).
15. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
17. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
19. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
20. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
24. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
27. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
29. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
33. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
40. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
43. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
44. Similar or related in quality or character.
45. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
46. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
47. Having been read.
48. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
49. Either extremity of something that has length.
1. Large edible marine fish of northern coastal waters.
2. With rapid movements.
3. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
4. A state in New England.
5. (informal) Exceptionally good.
6. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
7. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
8. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
9. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
10. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
16. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
18. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
21. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
22. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
23. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
25. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
26. A doctor's degree in religion.
28. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
30. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
31. Before noon.
32. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
34. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
35. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
36. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
37. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
38. English actor noted for his portrayals of Shakespeare's great tragic characters (1789-1833).
39. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
41. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
42. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.