1. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
4. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
11. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
12. A city in northern India.
13. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
14. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
15. South African term for `boss'.
16. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
17. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
23. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
25. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
30. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
35. Electronic warfare undertaken under direct control of an operational commander to locate sources of radiated electromagnetic energy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition.
37. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
39. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
42. A physician who is not a specialist but treats all illnesses.
44. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
46. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
48. Footwear usually with wooden soles.
50. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
51. In bed.
52. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
53. Before noon.
54. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
1. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
2. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
3. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
4. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. (informal) Exceptionally good.
7. An associate degree in applied science.
8. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
9. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
10. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
18. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
19. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
20. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
21. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
22. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
24. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
26. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
28. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
29. A Mid-Atlantic state.
31. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
32. A port city in southwestern Iran.
36. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
37. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
38. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
39. A small piece of cloth.
40. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
41. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
43. Extremely pleasing.
44. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
45. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
49. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.