1. An informal term for a father.
5. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
8. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
11. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
12. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
13. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
14. Informal terms for a mother.
15. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
16. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
17. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
21. Food for domestic livestock.
27. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
28. Inspired by a feeling of fearful wonderment or reverence.
29. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
32. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
33. A tax toward paving streets.
36. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
40. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
41. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
44. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
45. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
46. A small cake leavened with yeast.
47. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
48. The fatty flesh of eel.
49. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
50. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. Fallow deer.
2. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
3. The occurrence of a change for the worse.
4. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
5. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
6. Not only so, but.
7. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
8. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
9. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
18. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
19. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
20. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
22. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
23. The residue that remains when something is burned.
24. Military action involving the use of electromagnetic energy to determine or exploit or reduce or prevent hostile use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
25. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
26. A state in north central United States.
30. A telegram sent abroad.
31. A means of serving.
34. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
35. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
37. Set down according to a plan.
38. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
39. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
42. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
43. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.