1. (usually followed by `to' or `for') On the point of or strongly disposed.
4. A blemish made by dirt.
8. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
11. The unit of frequency.
12. Not only so, but.
13. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
14. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
16. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
17. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
20. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
21. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
24. The month following January and preceding March.
26. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
27. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
31. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
35. Jordan's port.
37. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
38. A state in midwestern United States.
40. One million periods per second.
43. Expel, as of gases and odors.
46. An associate degree in applied science.
49. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
50. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
52. The time during which someone's life continues.
53. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
54. Divulge information or secrets.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
3. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
4. Minor or subordinate.
5. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
6. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
7. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
8. An emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight).
9. Fallow deer.
10. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
15. A flexible container with a single opening.
18. A member of a Caddo people formerly living in north central Texas.
19. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
22. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
25. The cry made by sheep.
28. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
32. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
33. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
36. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
39. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
40. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
41. A small cake leavened with yeast.
42. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
44. Devoid of warmth and cordiality.
45. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
47. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
48. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
49. Informal terms for a mother.
51. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.