1. Type genus of the Anatidae.
5. A person forced to flee from home or country.
7. Telephone line (Wide Area Telephone Service).
11. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
12. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
13. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
14. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
16. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
17. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
18. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
20. A public promotion of some product or service.
21. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
23. (informal) Of the highest quality.
25. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
28. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
31. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
36. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
38. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
41. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
45. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
46. Set down according to a plan.
49. The month following February and preceding April.
50. An (apparently) flying object whose nature is unknown.
51. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
52. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
53. A single-reed woodwind with a conical bore.
54. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
55. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
1. First in order of importance.
2. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
3. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
4. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
5. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
6. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
7. Pan with a convex bottom.
8. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
9. A three-tone Chadic language.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
15. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
19. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
22. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
24. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
26. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
27. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
29. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
30. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
32. (trademark) An antacid.
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
37. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
38. Pan with a convex bottom.
39. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
42. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
43. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
44. Starch resembling sago that is obtained from cuckoopint root.
47. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
48. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.