1. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
4. Fallow deer.
8. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
11. Make amends for.
12. Being three more than fifty.
13. Floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile).
14. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
16. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
17. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
18. A public promotion of some product or service.
19. Austrian physician who tried to treat diseases with a form of hypnotism (1734-1815).
24. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
25. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
27. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
28. Type genus of the Majidae.
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
34. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
37. A dark region of considerable extent on the surface of the moon.
40. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
41. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
44. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
45. One millionth of a gram.
47. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
48. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
49. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
50. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
51. An elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners).
1. An informal term for a father.
2. In bed.
3. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
4. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
5. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
6. A member of the Algonquian people formerly inhabiting the Maritime Provinces of Canada.
7. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
8. Pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America.
9. Spicy fruit of the cubeb vine.
10. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
15. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
20. A Japanese shrub that resembles members of the genus Spiraea.
21. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
22. Being nine more than forty.
23. Measuring instrument for indicating speed of rotation.
26. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
29. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
30. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
31. A native of ancient Troy.
35. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
36. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
37. Being nine more than forty.
38. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
39. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
42. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
43. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
44. A Mid-Atlantic state.
46. A physician who is not a specialist but treats all illnesses.