1. Someone who procures customers for whores (in England they call a pimp a ponce).
5. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
8. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
11. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
12. An associate degree in applied science.
13. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
14. A group of Plains Indians formerly living in what is now North and South Dakota and Nebraska and Kansas and Arkansas and Louisiana and Oklahoma and Texas.
16. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
18. A state in northwestern North America.
19. A person forced to flee from home or country.
20. Foul with waste matter.
21. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
23. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
24. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
27. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
31. A small cake leavened with yeast.
33. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
34. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
35. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
37. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
39. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
45. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
47. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
50. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
51. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
52. A fraudulent business scheme.
53. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
54. An informal term for a father.
55. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
56. A master's degree in fine arts.
1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
2. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
3. A master's degree in education.
4. A genus of Ploceidae.
5. Informal terms for a mother.
6. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
7. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
8. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
9. The content of cognition.
10. Made of fir or pine.
15. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
17. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
22. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
25. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
26. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
28. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
29. A physician who is not a specialist but treats all illnesses.
30. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
32. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
41. God of love and erotic desire.
42. The inner surface of the hand from the wrist to the base of the fingers.
43. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
44. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
46. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
48. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
49. An ugly evil-looking old woman.