1. Bony flesh of herring-like fish usually caught during their migration to fresh water for spawning.
5. Any of various units of capacity.
8. Not reflecting light.
11. A state of deep and often prolonged unconsciousness.
12. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
15. A flexible container with a single opening.
16. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
17. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
20. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
23. Obvious and dull.
26. The capital of Croatia.
28. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
29. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
31. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
32. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
33. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
36. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
39. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.
40. Unknown god.
41. Slightly open.
43. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
47. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
48. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
49. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
50. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
51. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
52. The cry made by sheep.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. A member of a North American Indian people speaking one of the Hokan language.
3. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
4. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
5. A small cake leavened with yeast.
6. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
7. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
8. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
9. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
10. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
18. A deep bow.
19. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
21. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
22. A state in midwestern United States.
24. An associate degree in nursing.
25. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
27. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
30. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
34. Jordan's port.
35. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
37. A mythical Greek hero.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
42. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
44. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
45. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
46. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
47. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.