1. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
5. A state in midwestern United States.
7. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
11. A female domestic.
12. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
13. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
14. On, to, or at the top.
15. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
17. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
18. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
20. Any plant of the genus Erica.
23. A genus of Pyralidae.
26. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
30. Chief deity of Zoroastrianism.
31. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
32. Owed and payable immediately or on demand.
34. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
41. A small cake leavened with yeast.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
47. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
48. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
49. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
50. Seed of a pea plant.
1. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. Large gregarious predatory feline of Africa and India having a tawny coat with a shaggy mane in the male.
4. Automatic data processing by electronic means without the use of tabulating cards or punched tapes.
5. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
6. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
7. An associate degree in nursing.
8. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
9. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
10. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
16. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
19. Affect with wonder.
21. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
22. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
24. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
25. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
29. A public promotion of some product or service.
33. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
35. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
36. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
37. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
38. Slightly wet.
39. A French abbot.
40. A quantity of no importance.
42. Any of various units of capacity.
43. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
46. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
47. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.