1. An informal term for a father.
4. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
8. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
11. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
14. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
16. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
17. Minor or subordinate.
18. A public promotion of some product or service.
19. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
22. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
26. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
30. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
33. A woman of refinement.
37. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
39. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
42. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
44. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
46. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
47. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
49. The cry made by sheep.
51. The products of human creativity.
52. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
53. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
54. Time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
3. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
4. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
5. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
6. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
7. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
8. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
9. Common Indian weaverbird.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
21. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
24. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
25. A form of address for a man.
27. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
28. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
29. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
31. An enclosed space.
32. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
35. A small faint zodiacal constellation in the southern hemisphere.
36. Small stocky Mexican fish.
38. A small nail.
40. A fraudulent business scheme.
41. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
43. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
45. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
48. Before noon.
50. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.