1. A numbered compartment in a post office where mail is put to be called for.
4. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
8. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
11. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
12. A book of the New Testament.
13. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
14. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
15. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
16. Seed of a pea plant.
17. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
21. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
23. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
26. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
31. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
32. A flexible container with a single opening.
33. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
37. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
44. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
47. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
48. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
50. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
51. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
52. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
53. A master's degree in fine arts.
1. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
2. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
3. A small cake leavened with yeast.
4. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
5. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
6. A nucleotide derived from adenosine that occurs in muscle tissue.
7. The act of using.
8. Automatic data processing in which data acquisition and other stages or processing are integrated into a coherent system.
9. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
10. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
18. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
19. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
22. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
24. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
25. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
27. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
28. Before noon.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
30. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
34. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
35. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
40. God of love and erotic desire.
41. The inner surface of the hand from the wrist to the base of the fingers.
42. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
43. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
45. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
46. An awkward stupid person.
49. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.