1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
7. A large indefinite number.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. A flexible container with a single opening.
15. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
16. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
17. A public promotion of some product or service.
20. A Mid-Atlantic state.
22. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. A deep bow.
26. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
30. A wound resulting from biting.
31. The cry made by sheep.
33. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
34. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
35. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
39. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
43. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
44. Having leadership guidance.
46. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
48. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
49. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
50. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
51. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
52. A decree that prohibits something.
53. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
3. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
4. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
5. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
6. Hormone produced early in pregnancy by the placenta.
7. The basic unit of money in Macao.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
10. Informal terms for money.
18. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
19. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
21. Sandwich filled with slices of bacon and tomato with lettuce.
24. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
25. A master's degree in business.
27. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
28. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
32. A port city in southwestern Iran.
36. Very dark black.
37. South African term for `boss'.
38. Divulge information or secrets.
40. A Hindu prince or king in India.
41. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
42. The sixth month of the civil year.
45. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
47. 10 grams.
48. A public promotion of some product or service.