1. A French abbot.
5. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
7. Any of various small biting flies.
11. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
12. Being one more than fifty.
13. God of death.
14. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
15. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
16. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
17. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
18. A flexible container with a single opening.
21. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
23. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
30. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
32. The basic monetary unit in many countries.
34. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
35. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
36. American novelist (1909-1955).
39. A public promotion of some product or service.
42. A genus of Ploceidae.
46. Being one more than two.
47. A small cake leavened with yeast.
50. 300 to 3000 megahertz.
51. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
52. In bed.
53. The airforce of Great Britain.
1. A primeval personification of air and breath.
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. An unofficial association of people or groups.
4. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
5. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
6. A mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity.
7. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.
8. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
9. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
10. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
19. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
20. Freed of dependence on something especially (for mammals) mother's milk.
22. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
24. A state in midwestern United States.
25. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
26. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
27. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
28. An associate degree in nursing.
29. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
31. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
33. A Hindu prince or king in India.
37. A quantity that is added.
38. Make editorial changes (in a text).
39. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
40. A Loloish language.
41. A spar rising aft from a mast to support the head of a quadrilateral fore-and-aft sail.
43. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
44. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
45. Seed vessel having hooks or prickles.
46. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
48. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
49. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.