1. A cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie.
5. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
8. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
11. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
12. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
13. The last (12th) month of the year.
14. A police officer who investigates crimes.
17. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
18. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
20. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
24. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
33. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
36. An informal term for a father.
38. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
39. An informal term for a father.
42. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
43. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
45. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
46. (Roman mythology) Goddess of abundance and fertility.
47. Type genus of the Anatidae.
48. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
4. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
5. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
6. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
7. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
8. A public promotion of some product or service.
9. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
15. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
16. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
19. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
21. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
22. A light touch or stroke.
23. A small cake leavened with yeast.
25. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
28. A native of ancient Troy.
29. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
30. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
31. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
32. An island of central Hawaii.
34. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
35. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
37. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
38. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
40. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
41. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
44. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.