1. Any of various units of capacity.
4. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
8. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
11. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
12. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
13. A unit of electrical power in an AC circuit equal to the power dissipated when 1 volt produces a current of 1 ampere.
14. The bill in a restaurant.
15. Lacking in liveliness or charm or surprise.
16. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
19. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
23. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
25. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
28. A branch of the Tai languages.
30. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
31. A Mid-Atlantic state.
32. A public promotion of some product or service.
33. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
35. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
39. A small piece of cloth.
44. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
45. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
46. Offering fun and gaiety.
47. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
48. The cry made by sheep.
49. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
50. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. Divulge information or secrets.
3. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
4. Somewhat strange.
5. Meat from a domestic hog or pig.
6. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
7. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
8. United States anatomist who identified four pituitary hormones and discovered vitamin E (1882-1971).
9. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
10. A small nail.
18. Somewhat ill or prone to illness.
20. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
21. A notable achievement.
22. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
26. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
27. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
29. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
34. A small cake leavened with yeast.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. Set down according to a plan.
37. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
38. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
40. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
43. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.