1. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
5. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
9. A French abbot.
13. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
14. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
15. A small nail.
16. An owner or proprietor of an inn in Italy.
18. With no effort to conceal.
19. The state of existing and being localized in space.
22. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
25. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
28. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
29. Any tropical gymnosperm of the order Cycadales.
33. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
35. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
40. A person forced to flee from home or country.
42. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
45. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
47. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
48. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
51. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
53. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
57. Related to or located at the back.
59. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
61. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
62. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
63. Russian country house.
65. A master's degree in business.
66. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
67. A member of the Tungus speaking people of Mongolian race who are a nomadic people widely spread over eastern Siberia.
68. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
1. Chevrotain somewhat larger than the kanchil.
2. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
3. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
4. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
5. Common American weed or wildflower.
6. (informal) Of the highest quality.
7. A state in New England.
8. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
9. The jurisdiction or office of an abbot.
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
11. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
12. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
17. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
20. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
21. One who works hard at boring tasks.
23. A public promotion of some product or service.
26. The basic unit of money in Albania.
27. A Hindu prince or king in India.
30. part of the peritoneum attached to the stomach and to the colon and covering the intestines.
31. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
32. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
36. A doctor's degree in religion.
37. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
38. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
39. A bachelor's degree in religion.
41. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
43. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
44. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
46. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
49. A large round wicker basket (used on farms).
50. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
52. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
54. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
55. A small cake leavened with yeast.
56. Stairway in India leading down to a landing on the water.
58. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
60. A room equipped with toilet facilities.
64. A state in northwestern North America.