1. A city in the European part of Russia.
4. A large fleet.
10. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
13. An enclosed space.
14. Rapacious seabird that pursues weaker birds to make them drop their prey.
15. A rapid bustling commotion.
16. Annual to perennial herbs of the Mediterranean region.
18. A member of a Slavic people who settled in Serbia and neighboring areas in the 6th and 7th centuries.
19. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
20. (trademark) An antacid.
23. King of the Visigoths who captured Rome in 410 (370-410).
26. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
28. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
29. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
30. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
32. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
33. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
36. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
37. A member of the Manchu speaking people of Mongolian race of Manchuria.
39. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
40. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
41. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
42. Of or relating to or characteristic of Morocco or its people.
47. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
48. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
51. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
55. A Hindu prince or king in India.
58. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
59. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
60. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
61. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
62. A small cake leavened with yeast.
63. A device (used by carpenters) that holds things firmly together v 1.
64. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A person who makes use of a thing.
2. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
3. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade names Acular and Toradol) that is administered only intramuscularly.
4. A genus of Platalea.
5. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
6. Any expected deliverer.
7. How long something has existed.
8. (British) Diesel oil used in cars and lorries with diesel engines (from d(iesel) e(ngine) r(oad) v(ehicle)).
9. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
10. A shop where a variety of goods are sold.
11. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
12. Formerly the chief magistrate in the republics of Venice and Genoa.
17. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
21. Comprises tropical American species usually placed in genus Masdevallia.
22. A mass of small bubbles formed in or on a liquid.
24. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
25. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
27. By bad luck.
30. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
31. Tag the base runner to get him out.
34. A painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt.
35. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
38. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
39. (British) Diesel oil used in cars and lorries with diesel engines (from d(iesel) e(ngine) r(oad) v(ehicle)).
43. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
44. Melon having yellowish rind and whitish flesh.
45. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
46. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
49. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
50. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
52. An informal term for a father.
53. Using speech rather than writing.
54. A small cut of meat including part of a rib.
56. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
57. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.