1. What you can repeat immediately after perceiving it.
4. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
10. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
13. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
14. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
15. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
16. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
18. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
19. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
20. Any of various small tropical American orchids of the genus Stelis having long slender racemes of numerous small to minute flowers.
22. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
24. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
25. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
27. A metric unit of length equal to one thousandth of a meter.
29. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
30. (Hinduism) Term of respect for a Brahmin sage.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
37. Of a period of maximal use or demand or activity.
38. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
41. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
43. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
44. Cause to become awake or conscious.
46. A steep descent of the water of a river.
49. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
50. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
56. A horizontal beam that extends across something.
58. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
59. About three feet long exclusive of tail.
61. A human limb.
62. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
63. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
64. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
1. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
2. Of the nature of or undergoing an experiment.
3. Celebes megapode that lays eggs in holes in sandy beaches.
4. A violent hot sand-laden wind on the deserts of Arabia and North Africa.
5. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
6. The residue that remains when something is burned.
7. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
8. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
9. The whiteness that results from removing the color from something.
10. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
11. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
12. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
17. Wool of the alpaca.
21. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
23. A boy or man.
26. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
28. A master's degree in business.
31. Hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees.
32. Long coarse hair growing from the crest of the animal's neck.
33. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
36. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
39. Assign the wrong date to.
40. Relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body.
42. A festival featuring African-American culture.
45. (informal) Of the highest quality.
47. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
48. (anatomy) A natural hollow or sinus within the body.
51. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
52. A couple who both have careers and no children.
53. A city of central China.
54. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
55. Young sheep.
57. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
58. Before noon.
60. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.