1. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
4. (computer science) A unit for measuring computing power.
10. Sandwich filled with slices of bacon and tomato with lettuce.
13. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
14. Ancient name for the coastal region of northwestern Asia Minor (including Lesbos).
15. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
17. A wired or starched collar of intricate lace.
18. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
19. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
21. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Ansaid) that is administered only orally.
23. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
25. A decree that prohibits something.
27. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
30. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
33. A bachelor's degree in science.
35. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
37. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
38. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
40. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
41. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
42. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
45. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
47. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
48. Title used for a married Frenchwoman.
51. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
53. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
54. French philosopher who was a leading figure of the Enlightenment in France.
57. Humorously vulgar.
60. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
61. Type genus of the Nepidae.
62. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
63. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
65. A branch of the Tai languages.
66. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
67. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
68. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
2. A name that has been assumed temporarily.
3. Australian operatic soprano (1861-1931).
4. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
5. A notable achievement.
6. An easy return of a tennis ball in a high arc.
7. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
8. Brazilian tree with spicy red fruit.
9. A river in eastern France.
10. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
11. Being seven more than fifty.
12. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
20. A small cake leavened with yeast.
22. A simple seat without a back or arms.
24. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
26. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
28. Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate.
29. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
31. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
32. Family based on male descent.
34. A fraudulent business scheme.
36. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
39. Proceeding in small stages.
43. A Loloish language.
44. United States comedian and film actor (1880-1946).
45. Take in solid food.
46. Made of grain or relating to grain or the plants that produce it.
47. Being one more than six.
49. Deciduous shrub of North America.
50. A faint constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere and containing part of the Large Magellanic Cloud.
52. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
53. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
55. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
56. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
58. The cry made by sheep.
59. The shorter of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
64. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.