1. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
4. A long brightly colored shawl.
10. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
13. The fatty flesh of eel.
14. A permanent council of the United Nations.
15. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
16. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
18. A unit of illumination equal to 1 lumen per square centimeter.
19. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
20. A boy who is employed to run errands.
23. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
26. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
28. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
30. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
35. Informal terms for a mother.
39. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
40. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
44. Someone whose business is advertising.
47. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
51. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
52. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
53. Jordan's port.
57. The basic unit of money in Ghana.
59. Relating to a recently developed fashion or style.
60. The first of three divisions of the Hebrew Scriptures comprising the first five books of the Old Testament considered as a unit.
61. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
62. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
63. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
64. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
2. Area around the altar of a church for the clergy and choir.
3. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
4. A cylindrical drawstring bag used by sailors to hold their clothing and other gear.
5. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
6. Forming viscous or glutinous threads.
7. The residue that remains when something is burned.
8. A Russian unit of weight equal to approximately 36 pounds.
9. The administration of a strong electric current that passes through the brain to induce convulsions and coma.
10. True mosses.
11. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
12. A constitutional monarchy on the western part of the islands of Samoa in the South Pacific.
17. A large mass of ice floating at sea.
21. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
22. A strong emotion.
24. Of or like a cecum.
25. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
27. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
29. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
31. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
32. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
33. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
34. 1/10 gram.
36. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
37. Worthless or oversimplified ideas.
38. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
39. True mosses.
41. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
43. Ancient Athenian philosopher.
45. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
46. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
48. Very dark black.
49. A quantity of no importance.
50. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
54. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
55. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
56. The cry made by sheep.
58. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.