1. South African term for `boss'.
5. Either of two muscles of the abdomen and pelvis that flex the trunk and rotate the thigh.
10. A republic in central Europe.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Wood of any of various maple trees.
15. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
16. A large quantity of written matter.
17. An unforeseen obstacle.
18. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
19. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
21. By bad luck.
23. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
24. A Hindu prince or king in India.
26. A radioactive transuranic element.
28. An organ in its earliest stage of development.
35. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
37. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
41. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
42. Knock unconscious or senseless.
45. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
48. Rise or heave upward under the influence of a natural force, as on a wave.
49. Beat with a cane.
51. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
55. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
56. Not agitated.
59. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
60. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
63. Payment due by the recipient on delivery.
64. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
65. A port city in southwestern Iran.
66. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. Tough protective covering of the woody stems and roots of trees and other woody plants.
2. American novelist (1909-1955).
3. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
4. A winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple.
5. A syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation.
6. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
7. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
8. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
9. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
10. Loose or flaccid body fat.
11. Located in or toward the back or rear.
12. Offering fun and gaiety.
20. A flexible container with a single opening.
22. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
25. Of the blackest black.
27. The sixth day of the week.
29. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
30. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
31. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
32. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
33. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
34. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
36. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
38. Jordan's port.
39. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
40. A flat tortilla with various fillings piled on it.
41. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
43. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
44. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
46. Any of various thermoplastic resins used to make things.
47. A cylindrical spikelike inflorescence.
48. God of death.
50. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
52. Framework for holding objects.
53. A slender double-reed instrument.
54. A quantity of no importance.
57. A boy or man.
58. A master's degree in business.
61. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
62. An associate degree in nursing.