1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. The French-speaking part of the Canadian Maritime Provinces.
10. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
13. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
14. Large tropical butterfly with degenerate forelegs and an unpleasant taste.
15. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
16. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
17. A genus of Indriidae.
19. Streaming or flapping or spreading wide as if in a current of air.
22. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
23. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
26. (Akkadian) Father of the gods and consort of Tiamat.
28. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
30. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
34. A city in northwestern Switzerland.
35. Tropical evergreen subshrubs (some climbers) to trees of Asia and Australasia to Americas.
36. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
39. The seventh and last day of the week.
40. A Mid-Atlantic state.
41. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
45. A flexible container with a single opening.
46. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
49. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
52. Informal terms for a mother.
53. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
56. God of fire.
58. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
59. Used especially of the head or upper back.
61. A resource.
62. A primeval personification of air and breath.
63. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
64. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
1. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
2. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
3. Lacking fresh air.
4. The sixth month of the civil year.
5. A warning against certain acts.
6. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
7. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
8. Being one more than two.
9. A public promotion of some product or service.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
11. A large area of land preserved in its natural state as public property.
12. Type genus of the Amiidae.
18. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
20. An artificial language intended for international use as an auxiliary language.
21. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
27. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
29. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
31. State in northeastern India.
32. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
33. Take in solid food.
37. A light touch or stroke.
38. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
39. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
42. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
43. Lower in esteem.
44. Large ornamental tropical American tree with bipinnate leaves and globose clusters of flowers with crimson stamens and sweet-pulp seed pods eaten by cattle.
45. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
47. Of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion.
48. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
50. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
51. The content of cognition.
54. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
55. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
57. A humorous anecdote or remark.
60. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.