1. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
4. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
10. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
13. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
14. A constellation in the Milky Way near Cygnus.
15. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
16. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
17. The quality of being lax and neglectful.
18. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
19. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
21. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
23. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
25. Lower in esteem.
28. The largest island of Denmark and the site of Copenhagen.
33. United States writer of satirical novels (1879-1958).
34. Silver-coated candy bead for decorating cakes.
35. Tag the base runner to get him out.
37. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
38. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
42. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
44. Inquire about.
45. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
46. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
50. State in northeastern India.
54. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
55. A resident of Iowa.
58. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
59. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
60. Isolated from others.
61. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
62. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
63. United States rock singer who was one of the first to popularize rock'n'roll music (1925-1981).
64. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
3. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
4. (Middle Eastern) Small croquette of mashed chick peas or fava beans seasoned with sesame seeds.
5. Jordan's port.
6. A unit of illumination equal to 1 lumen per square meter.
7. Being three more than fifty.
8. Of or being the lowest female voice.
9. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
10. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
11. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
12. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
20. Serving as or forming a base.
22. Offering fun and gaiety.
24. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
26. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
27. A French abbot.
29. A doctor's degree in education.
30. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
31. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
32. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
36. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
39. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
40. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
41. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
42. (legal terminology) The Latin word for wife.
43. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
47. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
48. The sixth month of the civil year.
49. Absent without permission.
51. The muscular back part of the shank.
52. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
53. A recognizable kind.
56. Used of a single unit or thing.
57. French marshal in the Napoleonic Wars (1769-1815).