1. A metal cleat on the bottom front of a horseshoe to prevent slipping.
5. (Greek mythology) The husband of Medea and leader of the Argonauts who sailed in quest of the Golden Fleece.
10. (used especially of persons) Having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age.
13. Again but in a new or different way.
14. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
15. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
16. An island northwest of Wales.
17. Sweet juicy gritty-textured fruit available in many varieties.
19. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
22. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
24. Express in speech.
27. God of wisdom or prophesy.
31. The fatty flesh of eel.
32. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
34. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
35. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
37. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
40. A state in midwestern United States.
41. A radioactive transuranic element.
43. Mated sexually.
44. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
46. A doctor's degree in religion.
48. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
49. Cassava with long tuberous edible roots and soft brittle stems.
51. A song that was formerly popular.
55. Tired to the point of exhaustion.
56. (informal) Subject to accident or chance or change.
59. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
60. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
61. A port city in southwestern Iran.
63. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
64. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
65. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
66. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
1. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
2. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
3. A transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted light and to form images.
4. The basic unit of money in Zambia.
5. A string of more than 3,000 islands east of Asia extending 1,300 miles between the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific Ocean.
6. (informal) Of the highest quality.
7. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
8. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
9. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
10. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
11. Trace the shape of.
12. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
18. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
20. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
21. A decree that prohibits something.
23. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
25. Seed of a pea plant.
26. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
28. Singing jazz.
29. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
30. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
33. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
36. A genus of Ploceidae.
38. Mottled curly-grained wood of Pterocarpus indicus.
39. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
42. Of or concerning the face.
43. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
45. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
47. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
48. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
50. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
52. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
53. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
54. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
57. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
58. Extremely pleasing.
62. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.