1. Very dark black.
5. Of or relating to the feet.
10. The sign language used in the United States.
13. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
14. (Babylonian) Any of a group of powerful earth spirits or genii.
15. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
16. Having relatively few calories.
17. Make an etching of.
18. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
21. Bony flesh of herring-like fish usually caught during their migration to fresh water for spawning.
23. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
24. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
25. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
26. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
27. A proinflammatory cytokine that is produced by white blood cells (monocytes and macrophages).
30. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
32. A port city in southwestern Iran.
35. A short introductory essay preceding the text of a book.
39. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
40. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
41. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
43. Not divisible by two.
44. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
47. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
50. (informal British usage) Aggravation or aggression.
52. A studio especially for an artist or designer.
56. Seed vessel having hooks or prickles.
57. African mahogany trees.
60. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
61. Used of a single unit or thing.
62. A mineral consisting of titanium dioxide in crystalline form.
64. A form of address for a married woman.
65. Injured by bites or stings.
66. The segment of the public that is easily influenced by mass media (chiefly British).
67. Minor or subordinate.
1. (prefix) Within.
2. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
3. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
4. Relating to or accompanying birth.
5. Liquid excretory product.
6. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
7. French artist who immigrated to the United States.
8. A Loloish language.
9. Being one more than fifty.
10. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
11. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
12. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
20. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
22. A share of money or food or clothing that has been charitably given.
26. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
28. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
29. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
31. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
33. A mechanical device used for dicing food.
34. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
36. A rapid bustling commotion.
37. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
38. A doctor's degree in education.
42. A bodily organ that is essential for life.
45. A group of southern Bantu languages.
46. Any of various usually white herons having long plumes during breeding season.
48. Genus of western United States annuals with showy yellow or white flowers.
49. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
51. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
53. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
54. Suggestive of the supernatural.
55. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
58. The federal department that administers federal program dealing with better housing and urban renewal.
59. A unit of pressure.
60. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
63. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.