1. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
5. State in northeastern India.
10. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
13. Balcony consisting of the forward section of a theater mezzanine.
14. The inner and thicker of the two bones of the human leg between the knee and ankle.
15. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
18. A worthless message.
19. Express in speech.
20. Fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malt and hops.
21. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
22. A small cake leavened with yeast.
24. A young woman making her debut into society.
26. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
29. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
30. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
34. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
38. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
39. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
40. Having the shape of a sphere or ball.
42. A quantity of no importance.
43. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
44. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
45. A nurse who has enough training to be licensed by a state to provide routine care for the sick.
48. Goddess of fate.
50. The middle of the day.
53. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
57. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
58. A genus of Ploceidae.
62. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
63. Hormones (estrogen and progestin) are given to postmenopausal women.
64. Form or weave into a braid or braids.
66. The principal activity in your life that you do to earn money.
67. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
68. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
69. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
1. By bad luck.
2. An easy victory.
3. American novelist (1909-1955).
4. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
5. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
6. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
7. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
8. Having help.
9. Having the surface damaged or disfigured.
10. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
11. Advanced in years.
12. With no effort to conceal.
17. Jordan's port.
23. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
25. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
27. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
28. Paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people).
31. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
32. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
33. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
35. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
36. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
37. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
41. The emotion of hate.
46. An informal term for a father.
47. City in Sudan.
49. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
51. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
52. The specified day of the month.
53. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
54. A Hindu prince or king in India.
55. Very dark black.
56. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
59. The last (12th) month of the year.
60. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
61. (informal) Of the highest quality.
65. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.