1. An internationally recognized distress signal in radio code.
4. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
9. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
13. A genetic disorder of metabolism.
14. (Greek mythology) A Titan who was forced by Zeus to bear the sky on his shoulders.
15. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
16. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
17. A linear unit (1/40 inch) used to measure diameter of buttons.
18. An unofficial association of people or groups.
19. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
22. Selected as the best.
24. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
26. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
30. A port city in southern Kenya on a coral island in a bay of the Indian Ocean.
34. A small piece of cloth.
35. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
36. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
37. A winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple.
39. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
42. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
48. Not only so, but.
51. Extracted from a source of supply as of minerals from the earth.
52. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
57. A three-dimensional shape with six square or rectangular sides.
58. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
59. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
60. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
61. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
62. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
63. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
2. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
3. A ray of sunlight.
4. East Indian tree yielding a resin used medicinally and burned as incense.
5. Departing or being caused to depart from the true vertical or horizontal.
6. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
7. A local computer network for communication between computers.
8. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
9. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
11. Similar to the natural color of pinks.
12. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
20. An indistinct shapeless form.
21. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
23. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
25. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
27. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
28. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
29. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
31. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
32. The act of scanning.
33. A public promotion of some product or service.
38. (British) A minicar used as a taxicab.
39. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
40. The residue that remains when something is burned.
41. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
43. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
44. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
45. Frogs, toads, tree toads.
46. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
47. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
49. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
50. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
53. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
54. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
55. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
56. A master's degree in fine arts.