1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
5. Held back.
10. A knockout declared by the referee who judges one boxer unable to continue.
13. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
14. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
15. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
16. A notable achievement.
17. A vigorous blow.
19. A city of southeastern Mexico.
20. A string of more than 3,000 islands east of Asia extending 1,300 miles between the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific Ocean.
21. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
25. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
26. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
31. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
32. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
35. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
37. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
40. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
41. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
42. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
44. Area around the altar of a church for the clergy and choir.
47. An associate degree in nursing.
50. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
53. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
54. An unofficial association of people or groups.
57. Muslim name for God.
60. Bright and pleasant.
61. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
62. A university town in east central Illinois adjoining Champaign.
64. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
65. An accidental happening.
66. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
67. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
1. English writer remembered particularly for his novel about Robinson Crusoe (1660-1731).
2. Of or relating to or involving an area.
3. Having two axes.
4. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
5. A small cake leavened with yeast.
6. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
7. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
8. A graphical record of electric currents associated with muscle contractions.
9. An uproarious party.
10. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
11. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
12. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
18. The basic unit of money in Macao.
22. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
23. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
24. The cry made by sheep.
27. Top part of an apron.
28. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
33. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
34. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
36. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
38. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
39. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
40. A graphical record of electric currents associated with muscle contractions.
43. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
45. A city in western Saudi Arabia.
46. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
48. Informal terms for a mother.
49. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
51. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
52. European freshwater game fish with a thick spindle-shaped body.
55. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
56. Two items of the same kind.
58. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
59. A light touch or stroke.
63. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.