1. A pass between mountain peaks.
4. Decisively defeated in combat.
10. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
13. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
14. A city in southern Texas on the Rio Grande.
15. The habitation of wild animals.
16. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
17. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
18. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
19. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
21. Before noon.
23. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
25. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
27. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
38. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
40. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
41. A doctor's degree in education.
42. Being one more than two.
44. A radioactive transuranic element.
46. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
47. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
51. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
54. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
58. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
59. Male cat.
62. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
63. A shape that sags.
64. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
65. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
66. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
67. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
68. Used of a single unit or thing.
1. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
2. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
3. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
4. Divulge information or secrets.
5. Animal food for browsing or grazing.
6. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
7. A three-tone Chadic language.
8. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
9. Roman goddess of night.
10. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
11. Not only so, but.
12. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
20. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
22. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
24. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
26. A master's degree in business.
28. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
29. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
30. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
31. Water frozen in the solid state.
32. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
33. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
36. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
43. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
45. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
48. The capital of Morocco.
49. Leafless East Indian vine.
50. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
52. A thrusting blow with a knife.
53. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
55. A Hindu prince or king in India.
56. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
57. A French abbot.
60. A unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
61. The bill in a restaurant.