1. Gone by.
4. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
10. A unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 foot/sec/sec to a mass of 1 pound.
13. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
14. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
15. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
16. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
18. (usually followed by `of') Released from something onerous (especially an obligation or duty).
19. In such a manner as could not be otherwise.
20. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
22. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
24. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
25. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
27. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
29. Run away.
33. Used of a single unit or thing.
36. An achromatic color of any lightness between the extremes of black and white.
37. Make high-pitched, whiney noises.
39. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
40. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
42. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
43. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
45. Away from the mouth or oral region.
47. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
49. Fallow deer.
50. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
53. The sign language used in the United States.
56. A Russian river.
59. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
61. A member of a Slavic people who settled in Serbia and neighboring areas in the 6th and 7th centuries.
64. Step on it.
65. A parliamentary monarchy in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula.
67. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
68. A doctor's degree in education.
69. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
70. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
1. Highly excited.
2. An expression of open-mouthed astonishment.
3. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
4. The fifth day of the week.
5. A port in southwestern Scotland.
6. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
7. English monk and scholar (672-735).
8. An associate degree in nursing.
9. An ancient country is southwestern Asia on the east coast of the Mediterranean.
10. A representation of the Virgin Mary mourning over the dead body of Jesus.
11. An informal term for a father.
12. Immediately past.
17. The first decisive battle of the Hundred Years' War.
21. Seeming unaffected by pleasure or pain.
23. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
26. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
28. United States astronomer (1835-1909).
30. (informal) Exceptionally good.
31. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
32. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
34. The lowest brass wind instrument.
35. Wearing or provided with clothing.
38. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
41. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
44. God of death.
46. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
48. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
51. Set down according to a plan.
52. In bed.
54. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
55. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
57. A small cake leavened with yeast.
58. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
60. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
62. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
63. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
66. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.