1. An internationally recognized distress signal in radio code.
4. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
10. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
13. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
14. (of farmland) Capable of being farmed productively.
15. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. The peninsula and island in the Philippines where Japanese forces besieged American forces in World War II.
18. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
19. Obvious and dull.
21. Defeated in a competition.
23. Having been read.
25. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
33. (slang) A batch of things that go together.
36. A member of any of about two dozen Native American peoples called pueblos by the Spanish because they live in villages built of adobe and rock.
37. A person forced to flee from home or country.
38. Step on it.
39. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
40. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
42. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
47. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
50. A family of languages spoken in southern Africa.
54. The heading or position of a vessel relative to the trim of its sails.
57. God of death.
58. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
59. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
61. Tag the base runner to get him out.
62. Keep in mind or convey as a conviction or view.
63. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
64. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
3. A city of central China.
4. A telegram sent abroad.
5. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
6. Mated sexually.
7. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
8. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
9. Enormous and diverse cosmopolitan genus of trees and shrubs and vines and herbs including many weeds.
10. Any of various small biting flies.
11. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
12. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
20. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
22. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
24. In a foreign country.
27. European freshwater game fish with a thick spindle-shaped body.
28. A primeval personification of air and breath.
29. (computer science) Protocol that allows users to copy files between their local system and any system they can reach on the network.
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
31. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
32. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
34. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
35. A state in north central United States.
41. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
43. A thin wedge of material (wood or metal or stone) for driving into crevices.
44. United States neoclassical architect (1847-1909).
45. Jordan's port.
46. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
48. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
49. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
51. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
52. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
53. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
55. A knockout declared by the referee who judges one boxer unable to continue.
56. Lap that forms a cloth border doubled back and stitched down v 1.
60. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.