1. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
4. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
9. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
14. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
15. A skullcap worn by nuns under a veil or by soldiers under a hood of mail or formerly by British sergeants-at-law v 1.
16. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
18. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
19. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
20. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
22. (trademark) An antacid.
24. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
25. Seed vessel having hooks or prickles.
29. Considerate and solicitous care.
33. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
35. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
36. A yellow pungent volatile oil (trade name Agene) formerly used for bleaching and aging flour.
38. Examine by palpation for medical purposes.
42. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
43. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
44. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
46. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
47. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
50. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
54. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
57. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
58. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
60. A small cake leavened with yeast.
61. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
62. Discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of.
64. Extremely pleasing.
65. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
66. A member of the people inhabiting an area of northern Mongolia and eastern Siberia.
67. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
2. A crystal of snow.
3. The habitation of wild animals.
4. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
5. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
6. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
7. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
8. Depressing in character or appearance.
9. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
10. Fossil fuel consisting of carbonized vegetable matter deposited in the Carboniferous period.
11. A town in Hawaii on the island of Hawaii.
12. The second largest city in Tunisia.
17. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
21. A geometric pattern that is repeated at every scale and so cannot be represented by classical geometry.
23. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
26. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
27. A unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit at one atmosphere pressure.
28. Having the deep slightly brownish color of gold.
30. English monk and scholar (672-735).
31. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
32. Rate of revolution of a motor.
34. The cry made by sheep.
37. The dialect of Albanian spoken in northern Albania and Yugoslavia.
39. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
40. Proceed or issue forth, as from a source.
41. A disease of plants characterized by the gradual dying of the young shoots starting at the tips and progressing to the larger branches.
45. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
48. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. Jordan's port.
51. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
52. A quantity of no importance.
53. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
55. A primeval personification of air and breath.
56. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
59. The basic unit of money in Bulgaria.
63. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).