1. A man who serves as a sailor.
4. Having a woven pattern.
10. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
13. The month following March and preceding May.
14. An isogram connecting points having equal barometric pressure at a given time.
15. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
16. The cry made by sheep.
17. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
19. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
21. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
25. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
28. The handle of a weapon or tool.
30. Being seven more than fifty.
34. Japanese painter whose work influenced the impressionists (1760-1849).
37. A city in western California on San Francisco Bay opposite San Francisco.
39. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
40. A city in the European part of Russia.
41. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
42. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
46. A warning against certain acts.
50. Unknown god.
51. The income arising from land or other property.
55. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
56. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
58. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
59. A thin wedge of material (wood or metal or stone) for driving into crevices.
60. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
62. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
63. A Loloish language.
64. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
65. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
1. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
2. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
3. (informal) Exceptionally good.
4. Fraught with extreme danger.
5. The residue that remains when something is burned.
6. A disdainful pouting grimace.
7. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
8. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
9. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
10. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
11. A small cake leavened with yeast.
12. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
20. Declare invalid.
22. Offering fun and gaiety.
23. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
24. 300 to 3000 kilohertz.
26. A shaped mass of baked bread.
27. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
29. A resource.
31. A word that serves as the predicate of a sentence.
32. The content of cognition.
33. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
35. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
36. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
38. The first of the Old Testament patriarchs and the father of Isaac.
39. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
43. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
44. A metric unit of length equal to one quadrillionth of a meter.
45. Jordan's port.
47. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
48. Characteristic of false pride.
49. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
52. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
53. Strike sharply.
54. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
57. The number that is represented as a one followed by 6 zeros.
61. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.