1. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
5. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
9. The compass point that is one point north of northwest.
13. Similar or related in quality or character.
14. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
15. (used especially of vegetation) Having lost all moisture.
16. Any of several herbs of the genus Dipsacus native to the Old World having flower heads surrounded by spiny bracts.
17. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
19. The month following August and preceding October.
20. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
22. Duck of the northern hemisphere much valued for the fine soft down of the females.
23. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
25. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
26. A Japanese shrub that resembles members of the genus Spiraea.
31. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. Send out rays or waves.
38. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
41. A narrative song with a recurrent refrain.
42. A linear unit (1/6 inch) used in printing.
44. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
46. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
48. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
52. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
54. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
57. The cry made by sheep.
58. A rapid bustling commotion.
59. In a foreign country.
61. A cgs unit of work or energy.
62. The habitation of wild animals.
63. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
64. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
1. Telephone line (Wide Area Telephone Service).
2. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
3. Reptile having a pair of openings in the skull behind each eye.
4. An insect or other arthropod between molts.
5. Chiefly tropical trees and shrubs and vines usually having a tall columnar trunk bearing a crown of very large leaves.
6. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
7. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
8. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
9. An anti-inflammatory drug that does not contain steroids.
10. European mignonette cultivated as a source of yellow dye.
11. Soft creamy white cheese.
12. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
18. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
21. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
24. French novelist.
27. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
28. A deep prolonged sound (as of thunder or large bells).
29. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
30. A vehicle mounted on runners and pulled by horses or dogs.
32. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
33. Of a pale purple color.
35. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
37. A light touch or stroke.
39. A segment of DNA containing adjacent genes including structural genes and an operator gene and a regulatory gene.
40. A decree that prohibits something.
43. A seaport in northwestern Italy.
45. Dwell (archaic).
47. A lyric poet.
49. In bed.
50. An outlying farm building for storing grain or animal feed and housing farm animals.
51. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
53. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
55. A label made of cardboard or plastic or metal.
56. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
60. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.