1. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
5. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
10. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. Type genus of the Hylidae.
14. Red Bordeaux wine from the Medoc district of southwestern France.
15. A large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments).
16. Using speech rather than writing.
17. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
19. An ancient country is southwestern Asia on the east coast of the Mediterranean.
21. Situated in front of the anus.
23. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
25. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
26. An annual award by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for achievements in motion picture production and performance.
29. Ground snakes.
36. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
37. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
38. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
39. Not only so, but.
43. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
45. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
49. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
51. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
54. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
58. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
60. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
62. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
64. Being one more than two.
65. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
66. A city in central New York.
67. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. Colloquial British abbreviation.
2. A small constellation in the northern hemisphere near Cygnus and Draco.
3. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
4. (Arthurian legend) The most virtuous knight of the Round Table.
5. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
6. A master's degree in education.
7. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
8. A blind god.
9. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
10. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
11. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
12. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
18. A genus of Ploceidae.
20. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
22. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
24. A Mid-Atlantic state.
27. The chance to speak.
28. Soil that is plastic when moist but hard when fired.
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
31. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
32. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.
33. God of death.
34. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
35. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
40. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
41. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
42. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
44. Having winglike extensions.
45. An associate degree in nursing.
47. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
48. An associate degree in nursing.
50. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
52. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
53. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
55. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
56. The money risked on a gamble.
57. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
59. Being two more than fifty.
61. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
63. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.