1. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
5. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
10. A syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation.
13. Make an etching of.
14. Form by carving.
15. The residue that remains when something is burned.
16. (computer science) American Standard Code for Information Interchange.
17. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
18. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
19. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
21. A contorted facial expression.
23. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
26. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
27. A constitutional monarchy in northern Europe.
30. Little known Kamarupan languages.
34. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
35. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
36. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
37. Close at hand.
41. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
42. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
46. Wild and domestic cattle.
48. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
49. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
52. Make difficult to perceive by sight.
55. A port city in southwestern Iran.
58. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
59. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
60. Dip a foot or hand briefly into a liquid.
63. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
64. Imperial moths.
65. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
1. Joint consisting of a line formed by joining two pieces.
2. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
3. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
4. An intersection or crossing of two tracts in the form of the letter X.
5. One thousand periods per second.
6. Take in solid food.
7. (informal) Exceptionally good.
8. Prevent the occurrence of.
9. Be in contradiction with.
10. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
11. One thousandth of a second.
12. Footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexible upper of leather or plastic and a sole and heel of heavier material.
20. Having rugged physical strength.
22. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
28. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
29. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
31. South African term for `boss'.
32. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
33. Any competition.
38. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
39. Thick heavy expensive material with a raised pattern.
40. 100 fen equal 1 yuan.
43. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
44. English materialist and political philosopher who advocated absolute sovereignty as the only kind of government that could resolve problems caused by the selfishness of human beings (1588-1679).
45. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
47. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
50. Very dark black.
51. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
53. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
54. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
56. Any of various units of capacity.
57. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
61. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
62. A radioactive transuranic element.