1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. Of the insects in the chrysalis (cocoon) or post larval stage.
9. Money in the form of bills or coins.
13. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
14. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
15. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
16. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
18. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
19. Any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids.
20. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
22. A soft cotton or worsted fabric with an open mesh.
24. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
31. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
32. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
36. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
39. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
40. The sixth month of the Hindu calendar.
45. A university in Connecticut.
46. An island republic on the island of Iceland.
48. A town on Long Island in New York.
50. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
53. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
54. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
58. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
61. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
62. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
63. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
65. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
66. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
67. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
68. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. Greenish-yellow pear.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. A thrusting blow with a knife.
4. An informal term for a father.
5. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
6. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
7. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
8. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
9. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
10. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
11. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
12. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
17. A small cake leavened with yeast.
21. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
23. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
25. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
29. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
30. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
33. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
34. German naturalist whose speculations that plants and animals are made up of tiny living `infusoria' led to the cell theory (1779-1851).
35. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
37. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
38. A city in east central Texas.
41. A notable achievement.
42. A Bantu language sometimes considered a dialect of Zulu.
43. French poet whose work influenced the surrealists (1854-1891).
44. (used of opinions and actions) Far beyond the norm.
47. Either extremity of something that has length.
49. Relating to or applicable to or concerned with the administration of a city or town or district rather than a larger area.
51. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
52. An elaborate song for solo voice.
55. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
56. An unofficial association of people or groups.
57. In bed.
59. A light touch or stroke.
60. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
64. Before noon.