1. Of southern Europe.
4. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
9. Related to or located at the back.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. Connected with or belonging to or used in a navy.
15. A shade of blue tinged with green.
16. Take in solid food.
17. A hard copal derived from an African tree.
18. A member of the British order of honor.
19. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
21. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
23. The general activity of selling.
25. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
26. A port in southwestern Scotland.
27. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
29. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
31. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
34. A public promotion of some product or service.
39. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
42. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
43. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
44. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
50. A statistical method for making simultaneous comparisons between two or more means.
52. A state of extreme confusion and disorder.
54. A town of Denmark in north central Jutland.
56. New Zealand timber tree resembling the cypress.
60. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
61. Botswanan statesman who was the first president of Botswana (1921-1980).
64. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
65. Made warm or hot.
66. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
67. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
68. A strong emotion.
69. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
70. A unit of apothecary weight equal to an eighth of an ounce or to 60 grains.
1. American novelist (1909-1955).
2. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
3. Reddish long-tailed monkey of west Africa.
4. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
5. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
6. (often followed by `for') Ardently or excessively desirous.
7. A town in southwestern Idaho.
8. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
10. Jordan's port.
11. (East Indian cookery) A pungent dish of vegetables or meats flavored with curry powder and usually eaten with rice v 1.
12. An Arab country on the peninsula of Qatar.
20. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
22. A fraudulent business scheme.
24. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
28. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
30. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
32. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
37. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
38. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
40. A judicial certificate saying that a will is genuine and conferring on the executors the power to administer the estate.
41. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
45. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
46. The basic unit of money in Finland.
47. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
48. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
49. United States assassin of President John F. Kennedy (1939-1963).
51. An African river.
53. Jordan's port.
55. The dialect of Albanian spoken in northern Albania and Yugoslavia.
57. The sixth month of the civil year.
58. God of love and erotic desire.
59. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
62. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
63. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.