1. The seventh and last day of the week.
4. A port city in southwestern Iran.
10. A member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times.
13. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
14. Small genus of Asian evergreen trees having columnar crowns and distinguished by leaves lacking a midrib.
15. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
16. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
18. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
20. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
23. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
25. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
26. A doughnut-shaped chamber used in fusion research.
29. True mosses.
33. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
36. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
37. The lower part of the abdomen just above the external genital organs.
40. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
42. An abdominal tumor.
45. Tag the base runner to get him out.
48. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
51. (Judaism) An eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem.
55. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
56. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
59. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
60. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
61. Type genus of the Gavidae.
62. A unit of weight used in some Moslem countries near the Mediterranean.
63. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
64. Physicist honored for advances in solid state electronics (born in Japan in 1925).
65. A notice of someone's death.
1. A fraudulent business scheme.
2. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
3. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
4. An associate degree in nursing.
5. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
6. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
7. An appreciable consequence (especially a lessening).
8. A resource.
9. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
10. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
11. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
12. Offering fun and gaiety.
17. A small cake leavened with yeast.
19. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
21. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
22. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
24. Jordan's port.
27. A slender double-reed instrument.
28. A hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head.
30. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
31. A metal cleat on the bottom front of a horseshoe to prevent slipping.
32. The content of cognition.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
39. The process of becoming softened and saturated as a consequence of being immersed in water (or other liquid).
41. Extremely large treelike cactus of desert regions of southwestern United States having a thick columnar sparsely branched trunk bearing white flowers and edible red pulpy fruit.
42. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
43. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
44. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
46. The leader of an Arab village or family.
47. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
49. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
50. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
52. A rounded projection or protuberance.
53. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
54. Disabled in the feet or legs.
57. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
58. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.