1. What you can repeat immediately after perceiving it.
4. A steep artificial slope in front of a fortification.
10. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
13. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
14. A short close-fitting coat.
15. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
16. A tub in which clothes or linens can be washed.
18. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
20. Informal terms for a mother.
21. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
22. (anatomy) A somewhat rounded subdivision of a bodily organ or part.
24. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
26. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
28. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
30. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
31. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
32. A poliovirus vaccine consisting of inactivated polio virus that is injected subcutaneously to provide immunity to poliomyelitis.
35. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
38. Russian writer who introduced realism to Russian literature (1809-1852).
40. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
44. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
45. Popular music originating in the West Indies.
47. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
49. A metric unit of volume equal to one thousandth of a liter.
50. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
51. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
52. A public promotion of some product or service.
54. English monk and scholar (672-735).
57. Having a woven pattern.
61. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
62. A town in north central Wisconsin.
65. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
66. Injured by bites or stings.
67. Protective covering made of metal and used in combat.
68. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
69. A rapid bustling commotion.
70. Small New Zealand broadleaf evergreen tree often cultivated in warm regions as an ornamental.
71. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Fastened with stitches.
2. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
3. The holy city of Shiite Muslims.
4. The administration of a strong electric current that passes through the brain to induce convulsions and coma.
5. The immaterial part of a person.
6. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
7. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
8. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
9. Seed of a pea plant.
10. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
11. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
12. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
17. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
19. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
23. The cry made by sheep.
25. Do something that one considers to be below one's dignity.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
29. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
33. A composition written in metrical feet forming rhythmical lines.
34. Large lipoproteins rich in triglycerides.
36. (informal) Of the highest quality.
37. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
39. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
41. Advanced in years.
42. A region of Malaysia on northwestern Borneo.
43. Nut of any of several trees of the genus Corylus.
46. The quarter of many European cities in which Jews are required to live.
48. Tree native to southeastern Asia having reddish wood with a mottled or striped black grain.
49. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
53. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
54. Informal terms for a mother.
55. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
56. A lump on the body caused by a blow.
58. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
59. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
60. God of love and erotic desire.
63. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
64. A former French coin of low denomination.
65. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.